The Background and Opportunity
As an organization, located in beautiful, sunny Victoria, Vancouver Island, we are at an exciting transitional time. We are coming out of COVID and seeking to make our drop-in a thriving community space once again; a drop-in that will make a difference in the lives of the marginalized population in Victoria. We need a highly motivated Manager to provide Leadership to the Drop-in Center team and inspire them to work together to create a welcoming and dynamic center for our community.
Who We are Looking For
Reporting to the Director of Services, the Drop-in Center Manager, is accountable for the day-to-day operations of the Community Center; this includes overseeing all aspects of staffing, delivery of services, program development, evaluation, and quality assurance.
The Drop In Center Manager will provide leadership to the Community Center and will display a vision for the Center moving forward. They will have a dynamic sense of community, hope and belonging. The Drop In Center Manager works across departments, supporting all aspects of the Community Center and ensuring integration and seamless service including security, programming, housing, volunteering, and food services. The Manager will be only directly managing drop-in, hygiene, and security staff.
What you will do
Community Center Services and Relations:
- Plans, organizes, controls, and directs the provision of Community Center services, most notably drop-in, hygiene and front desk security.
- Ensures program delivery is consistent with Our Place vision.
- Attends and contributes to weekly management meetings.
- Works collaboratively with all departments within the Community Center to ensure communication, quality of service and programming are consistent with mission and values of organization.
- Leads hiring process for Drop-In, Hygiene and Security areas.
- Schedules staff
- Ensures payroll is completed regularly
- Completes regular performance reviews in accordance with Our Place Standards.
- Supervises volunteers that are engaged in Community Center activities, using established volunteer management practices.
Ideal Qualifications for this Opportunity
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in a related field, i.e., human services, counseling, health, or education is a definite asset or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of managerial experience in a social services environment, preferably in a non-profit organization.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage employees by way of best practices in hiring, coaching, mentoring, training, and managing performance and attendance.
- Demonstrated ability to establish goals and manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a vision for the Community Center and the ability to inspire others with that vision.
What’s the working deal?
Check us out on our website at www.ourplacesociety.com – especially under Careers and see our great staff newsletters to see who we are!
Shifts: Monday to Friday days.
Compensation/Benefits: Salary range is $66,950.00 to $77,250.00. Excellent employer paid benefits, including 100% prescription drugs and basic dental.
How to become one of the TEAM
Eligible candidates are invited to submit a covering letter with their resume detailing their related background, experience and qualifications by 4:30 p.m. Friday, May 27th, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Our Place Society, Attention Marion Hoadley, HR Director, 919 Pandora Ave, Victoria, B.C. V8V 3P4. Please quote “File #22.34 – Drop In Centre Manager” in the subject line.
Please note: All applications must have a cover letter to be considered.
We appreciate your time and interest in the position. However, due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.