Guidelines for Community Fundraising Events
Thank you for choosing to support Our Place Society by organizing a community fundraising event!
Your generosity and enthusiasm helps provide hope and belonging for Greater Victoria’s most vulnerable citizens. Creative and fun events people and businesses in our community have organized to raise money for Our Place include jazz concerts, garage sales, sporting events, fashion shows, cookbook sales and more!
Before organizing your fundraising event please review the following guidelines and policies.
What is a Community Fundraiser/Fundraising Event?
A community fundraiser is a company, organization or individual that wishes to host an event where all or partial proceeds will benefit Our Place Society. Community fundraising events are organized solely by the company, organization or individual and do not involve Our Place Society staff or volunteers. However, Our Place Society is happy to support your Community Fundraiser/Fundraising Events in the following ways:
How Our Place Society supports Community Fundraiser/Fundraising Events:
- Provide the use of Our Place Society’s name/logo. Note: Use of Our Place Society logo must be approved by authorized Our Place staff before printing or publishing event materials.
- Provide Our Place Society promotional materials (e.g. brochures, banners, donation boxes, etc.)
- Issue tax receipts for donations of $10 or more according to Canada Revenue Agency rules and regulations where applicable. Please note that to issue a receipt Our Place Society requires donor information including: donor’s full name, mailing address, and method of payment.
- When possible, provide event day volunteers
- Publicize event on Our Place social media (Facebook, Twitter)
- Hang posters on the Our Place Community Board
Our Place Society Community Event Policies:
- The event organizer is responsible for 100% of the costs incurred for producing a community fundraising event. Our Place Society is unable to compensate any costs incurred for goods or services purchased for the event. This includes cost of advertising, venue, food, prizes, etc.
- Our Place does not solicit or provide event prizes such as auction items on the community fundraiser’s behalf
- Our Place is unable to provide access to our donor, staff and volunteer lists
- Our Place is not involved with ticket sales or corporate sponsorship
- Funds raised through community events will be allocated towards Our Place’s greatest needs. For enquiries regarding fundraising for specific programs please contact Our Place’s Development Office prior to your event at 250-413-3161.
If you would like more information on organizing a community fundraising event please contact Tracy Campbell, Community Relations at 250-388-7112 ext .259 or email [email protected]