Our Place is proud to share that MacLean’s Magazine lists Our Place Society on their Top 100 Charities List for 2020!
- By Telephone: 250-940-5060 and our Development Team will help you make your donation.
- E-Transfer: firstname.lastname@example.org – Please also email your name, address, date and amount of donation in order to receive a tax receipt. If we do not receive an email with your contact information your donation will be considered anonymous and no tax receipt will be mailed.
- Pay Pal: Donate to Our Place with your Pay Pal account. Your receipt will come from the Pay Pal Foundation.
- Facebook: To create a fundraiser for a charitable organization and ask your Facebook friends to participate, e.g. for your birthday, to sponsor a meal, etc., click here.
- Give By Mail: Print out a donation form, fill it out, and mail your donation in. Our Place Society does not recommend sending cash through the mail. Print Donation Form
- In Person: Drop your donation off at Our Place (reception), 919 Pandora Avenue, Victoria, BC V8V 3P4. Open 24/7.
Join the Circle of Love: When you join our monthly giving club, Circle of Love, you commit to giving a little bit each month to help Our Place provide sustainable services. Members of the Circle of Love receive our newsletter three times per year to update you on the impact of your donations. Unless otherwise requested, you do not receive any other mailings and receive only one consolodated receipt every Jan-Feb. this save us printing and administration costs and helps you plan your donations.
Gifts of Shares and Securities: A gift of publicly-traded securities, such as stocks or mutual funds, can be an attractive alternative to making a cash donation due to the generous tax incentives in Canada. This applies to publicly-listed securities that have increased in value since you purchased them. However, to benefit from this, the actual securities must be donated vs. cashing them in first. Please note gifts of securities must be received into our brokerage account prior to December 31st to generate a tax receipt for that year. Please follow the steps outlined on the form (link below). Download our Gift of Securities Donation Form (PDF). Then, please let us know about your gift by contacting Janice Kalin at email@example.com or at 250-940-5066.
Gifts With Vision: The United Church of Canada developed this giving catalogue Gifts with Vision in response to member requests to be able to give gifts to relatives, friends, and loved ones that are in direct support of the church’s Mission & Service partners across Canada and around the world. Visit Gifts vith Vision here.
Donate A Vehicle: Donate A Car Canada accepts Vehicle Donations for Our Place Society. They provide free towing in many areas. When you Donate your RV, boat, motorcycle or other vehicle to Our Place Society through Donate A Car Canada, it will either be recycled or sold at auction depending on its condition, age and location. Donate A Car Canada will look after all the details. After your Vehicle Donation is complete, and we are notified, we will send you a tax receipt within two weeks.
Organize an Event: What’s Your Activity? Supporting great causes can be fun and fulfilling. Consider an activity that not only gives back to the community, but helps build your team as well. Together, feel the unity that comes from helping those less fortunate. Promote good values while building your staff, students, or church community by helping Greater Victoria’s hungry and hurting. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Create your own Fundraising Page: Raise funds to sponsor a meal $500, renovate a room $2,000 or even $5,000 for our Hope Fund. Add a photo, story and set a goal then share your web page on social media. Go to https://www.canadahelps.org/en/fundraise/
Philanthropic Opportunities: Our purpose-built facility which provides vital services, nourishment and a place of belonging to our community’s most vulnerable citizens is open 365 days per year, and extended hours in the winter. This is only possible thanks to our generous donors. There are several exciting opportunities for philanthropists to support specific projects and elements of our vision which can make an even greater impact. Contact Janice Kalin at email@example.com to learn more.
FAQ’s – To change your address, change your monthly giving commitment, and more…click here.